- 20-Mar-2017 to 19-Apr-2017 (EST)
- East Fishkill, NY, USA
- Sports Facilities Management, LLC
SPORT MANAGEMENT INTERNSHIP
Sports Facilities Management, LLC- The Kingdome
LOCATION: EAST FISHKILL, NY
REPORTS TO: DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR
Sports Facilities Management, LLC ("SFM") is engaged to manage the day-to-day operations of world-class, community-focused sports, entertainment and recreation facilities throughout the US.
The Kingdome ("KING SFM LLC" OR "KING"), is an SFM managed facility that is located in East Fishkill, NY. It will be the largest air-forced dome in the country. The air-supported structure offers 350,000 square feet of unique training space for athletes, with clear spans and 162' high ceilings. The Kingdome will provide the community with superior training, league and tournament opportunities for turf sport teams (baseball/softball, football, soccer, and lacrosse) as well as to individual athletes, of any sport, who desire to improve athleticism and personal leadership skills. The Kingdome will be home to Kingdome Baseball, Kingdome Softball, Kingdome Soccer, Kingdome Field Hockey and Kingdome Lacrosse. Our team will develop an extraordinary model for player development that is delivered to athletes by our professional staff of coaches. The Kingdome is dedicated to making the experience matter. This facility will be one of a kind and we want each player's experience to be that way as well.
The SFM internship program provides hands-on training, real experience, and mentoring opportunities. Interns develop skills, make connections, strengthen their resumes and references, learn about a field, and assess their interest and abilities. Interns use their novel perspectives, fresh ideas, and specialized strengths and skill sets to aid in the company's continued success, customer relations, and problems solving resolutions.
- Each Intern will report to their department supervisor.
- Interns will be cross-trained in multiple areas throughout the facility including youth programming, food and beverage, field marshalling, guest service and sales, and facility management.
- Will complete a semester long internship to satisfy graduation requirements, working an average 40 hours per week.
- Some students may have longer or shorter practicum requirements with less time commitment. These cases will be addressed individually.
- We do not require a set intern schedule, but will be flexible to accommodate any individual requirements (i.e. class commitments).
- Interns may be required to help out during special events and additional projects that are not related to their specific area.
Sports Manager: Students work directly with an assigned sports director. These managers are responsible for the promotion and operation of all sports leagues, camps, clinics, tournaments, and other special events. They are immersed in the scheduling, execution, and management of these programs.
Marketing/Sponsorship Sales: Interns work alongside the marketing director to allocate marketing dollars for different media outlets, develop advertisements, identify potential sponsors, negotiate sponsorships, special event management, and more.
Business Administration: Students learn the administrative details of a sports business, including human resources (staff recruiting, hiring, firing, records, etc.), payroll, profit and loss reports and analysis, guest management, and inter-office communications.
Food and Beverage: Interns work with the Food and Beverage Manager to ensure that the department runs smoothly. Tasks include helping with inventory, daily operations, and special event catering and party preparations. Concessions account for over 20% of the facility budget and is vital to the success of the organization.
Youth Services: Interns work with the Youth Services director to plan and execute youth programs and camps. Assist in party scheduling, preparations and execution.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong desire to learn.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Demonstrate success with multi-tasking and organizing multiple priorities.
- Self-motivated and has initiative to complete tasks in timely fashion.
- Internship must be approved by student's college or university for academic credit.
- No travel.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds waist high.
- May be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time whether indoors or outdoors, and squat, stoop or bend.
- Will be required to operate a computer.
- Facility has intermittent noise.