- 09-Mar-2017 to 08-Apr-2017 (EST)
- Rocky Mount, NC, USA
- Full Time
- Sports Facilities Management, LLC
Sports Facilities Management, LLC- Rocky Mount Downtown Event Center
LOCATION: Rocky Mount, NC
REPORTS TO: ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
STATUS: FULL TIME
Sports Facilities Management, LLC ("SFM") is engaged to manage the day-to-day operations of world-class, community-focused sports, entertainment and recreation facilities throughout the US.
The Rocky Mount Downtown Event Center is an SFM managed facility that will open in May of 2018, in Rocky Mount, NC which is located in the eastern part of state. This first-class facility is comprised of 165,000 square feet that will have the capacity to host multi-court sports tournaments, trade shows, banquets, meetings concerts and community events. The facility also has a 15,000 square foot family entertainment center that has a variety of interactive games, ropes courses, climbing walls and other family friendly activities.
SFM is currently accepting applications for the full-time position of General Manager ("GM"). This exciting position is a full-time role with extraordinary future career opportunities.
The General Manager (GM) will provide leadership and direction for the facility and its staff, as well as oversee the implementation of the annual business plan and sales forecast. The GM will be evaluated based on the financial performance of the facility, customer retention, new business development, and new program expansions. Other responsibilities will include staff development and innovation to ensure that we are meeting the expectations for the client.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Strategically organizes, develops, schedules, and supervises day-to-day operations of the entire facility
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness throughout the facility
- Develop strategic plans for increasing profitability using a combination of sales building and cost control
- Expert level experience with organization's financial and budget activities in order to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
- Manage and oversee the scheduling of facility events and tournaments
- Responsible for managing approximately 25-50 Team Members and ensuring the facility is staffed at all times
- Preferred experience working with publicly owned facilities
- Work in conjunction with Management team to supervise and discipline Team Members through educating and enforcing policies and procedures
- Skilled at senior executive profession business tasks, including, but not limited to, high-level written communication, preparation and delivery of professional presentations, risk management with a focus on safety protocols.
- Lead Team Members to deliver excellent customer service and set a positive example
- Schedule, train, evaluate, and certify facility Team Members on continuous training for staff on various operational, safety, and legal responsibilities
- Attends weekly operations meetings (usually via phone and Internet) with Account Executive
- A minimum of 7 years of management/business leadership experience, preferably in the sports, recreation and/or facilities, hotel, convention center and entertainment industry.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Sports and Recreation, or related field is preferred, or an equivalent level of combined education and experience.
- Prior responsibility in daily P&L management and budget oversight responsibility of $2MM or greater. Prior experience managing a sales staff with revenue goals of $2MM or more,
- Senior Level Experience in a large multi-purpose arena or stadium.
- Proven management and leadership experience in the sports, recreational and entertainment industry is preferred.
- Programming knowledge of various sport leagues, clinics, and tournaments.
- Skilled at identifying and creating opportunities to deliver revenue goals.
- Prior experience in contracting or overseeing/managing others who sold corporate sponsorships, birthday parties, tournaments, leagues, camps, parties, corporate events and team building and other related services.
- A proven track record of meeting or exceeding revenue goals, to include client prospecting and outside sales.
- Experience managing a marketing team to include brand enhancement, marketing in print and electronic mediums, advertising, promotions, and community outreach.
- Skilled at senior executive professional business tasks, including, but not limited to high-level written communication, preparation and delivery of professional presentations, risk management with a focus on safety protocols, and labor and human resources management.
- Prior experience in managing a facility to include preventive and remedial maintenance, capital expansion, and vendor contract negotiation.
- Strong computer skills to include spreadsheets and the ability to learn and adapt to new systems' operating software.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds' waist high
- May be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time whether indoors or outdoors, and squat, stoop or bend
- Will be required to operate a computer
- Facility has intermittent noise