- 08-Feb-2017 to 09-Jul-2017 (EST)
- Edmond, OK, USA
- SFM Aquatics, LLC
Pelican Bay Aquatic Center, SFM LLC
Reports to: Senior Lifeguard and General Manager
Lifeguards must have:
- Current certification in American Red Cross Lifeguard Training and First Aid, CPR/AED for Lifeguards or equivalent.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well with others
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, swim, sit, talk and hear.
- The employee is required to use hands and fingers, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift, pull, push and/or move heavy items.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may work in outside weather conditions.
- Employees will be exposed to outside temperatures ranging from 80-105 degrees.
- Minimal duties are performed in direct sunlight. The employee is exposed to hot, wet, and humid conditions.
- The employee is exposed to cleaning chemicals that must be handled with extreme caution.
While on duty, Lifeguards are responsible for the following:
- Enforcing all pool rules.
- Preventing injuries and minimizing hazardous situations.
- Providing patron surveillance whenever a patron is swimming.
- Handling all injuries, accidents and emergency situations as they arise (contact Senior Lifeguard for any assistance).
- Arriving to work on time.
- Instruct various ages in swimming, water safety, and other aquatic programming.
- Completing assigned cleaning duties.
- Attending in-service training as scheduled.
- Passing the CPR/AED for Lifeguards skills and written test.
- Completing other duties as assigned.