Pelican Bay Aquatic Center, SFM LLC
Reports to: General Manager
Senior Lifeguards will have aquatic supervisory responsibilities, but may also be assigned an area of specialty, such as Concessions, Programming, Safety, etc.
While on duty, Senior Lifeguards are responsible for the following:
- Opening and closing aquatic area at appropriate times
- Conducting and recording water tests
- Performing weekly inspections on equipment to ensure it is in proper working condition.
- Running red-alerts and CPR skills checks.
- Willingness to work shifts on short notice when needed.
- Serving as a liaison between Lifeguard staff and the General Manager (report any problems).
- Assisting with training and orientation of new staff.
- Assisting with leading staff meetings and in-services.
- Responsibilities of Lifeguards are also expected of Senior Lifeguards.
- Completing other duties assigned by the General Manager.
Senior Lifeguards must have:
- Current certification in American Red Cross Lifeguard Training and First Aid and CPR for the Professional Rescuer or equivalent.
- Experience as lifeguard for minimum of 2 years (experience in other aquatic areas preferred).
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well and motivate others.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, swim, sit, talk and hear.
- The employee is required to use hands and fingers, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift, pull, push and/or move heavy items.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may work in outside weather conditions.
- Employees will be exposed to outside temperatures ranging from 80-105 degrees.
- Minimal duties are performed in direct sunlight. The employee is exposed to hot, wet, and humid conditions.
- The employee is exposed to cleaning chemicals that must be handled with extreme caution.